Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Cab deleted Part Studios be recovered?

michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
It looks like I mistakenly selected "Delete" from the RMB dropdown when I'd meant to rename the Part Studio.  In any case, it disappeared from my document and I can't seem to find a way to get it back.  I immediately looked in the Trash folder but it's not there and pressing control-Z right after the disappearance didn't bring it back either.  Is there a way to recover the Part Studio?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks - that did the trick.  Thought I'd tried all the options to recover but somehow missed that one.  You saved me a few hours of work!

Mike
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    This one of the greatest things in Onshape, you never lose work by accidentally or intentionally deleting something.
    Sometimes restoring can be a bit tricky if you continued work and notice later on that somethings missing - but at least you can easily remodel looking at what use to exist (the rare cases where merge is not possible).  
    //rami
  • Options
    Another truly great thing about Onshape is how responsive Onshape folks like @john_rousseau are to questions, especially at 10 pm (CST) on a Friday.  The users, too, of course.