Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

2D Drawing

larry_nelsonlarry_nelson Member Posts: 5
Can you create a 2D drawing with out creating a part?

Comments

• TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    edited February 2019
    Yes!

Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • david_makkersdavid_makkers Member Posts: 1 EDU
    Larry I want to know the same thing!
  • StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    Yes, technically, by inserting a sketch, but I suspect you are really asking is it possible to create a drawing in OS using classic 2D drawing tools and techniques? Unfortunately the answers is no.

From what I can tell Onshape has zero interest in, and will never provide classic 2D drawing functionality. I am quite sure existing OS shape customers augment their MCAD tool suite with a classic 2D drawing tool purchased another vendor; I do not see how a company can operate without one. 

You might want to checkout Grabert Kudo for Onshape in the app store ($9/month for their cloud based version) if you want something that has some form of integration in Onshape to manage/create and manipulate DWG/DXF drawings.