Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

3D Cross eye Viewing in ONSHAPE

patrick_farleypatrick_farley Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
Is there a way to look at parts with the 3D Cross eye Technique?
i don't see how to do this in Feature Script 

I would be a cool feature to look directly in 3D on the screen without any Special Glasses

if you don't know about this technique, just google it and see some image or video in youtube.

Thanks

Pat Farley

Comments

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I doubt this is anything that would be supported natively. However, you could fake it a number of different ways.
    1. Manually generate static 3D model views that are slightly angled to each other
    2. Use two browser windows side by side with different angles
    3. Create a translated/rotated copy of a part right next to the original.
    The 3rd option is the only one I can see being automated via featurescript since it can be done with a series of transforms. Here's an example.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/57acdfaae4b005c413ed9b6f/w/3fd585a46d3af1b3ba413c53/e/eec352cfa5fdd63ccd29ffcd

• Options
    patrick_farleypatrick_farley Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Thanks
    this could probably be an included feature in 2030 ; - )

Pat