Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

how to insert subassembly from other onshape documents

avihu_goralavihu_goral Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
I want to insert a subassembly from an assembly located in other document.
I can insert the entire assembly, but not one of its subassembly.
Thanks, 

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    If it is a true subassembly it will have its own tab in the document you are trying to link it from. Does the subassembly live in that document or is it linked from somewhere else?As long as the other document has been versioned then you can insert it into another document.  Hope that makes sense.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • avihu_goralavihu_goral Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Hi,
    I linked few public subassemblies into a "store" assembly. and now I want to insert  one of those into my current assembly.
    Thanks 
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Ok. You would have to link each of those public subassemblies into their own tab in your doc in order to be able to link them again into another document. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI