Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Assembly Configurations - UX Tweaks

owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
edited February 2019 in Product Feedback
Hi folks.  I'm loving where assembly configs are going, nice work!
I'm sure the devs are already all over this but a couple of things I'd like to see soon:-
The example below shows a single mate connector which can have its location selected via a configuration.

(1) I'd like there to be an icon in the feature tree that indicates that the mate is configured
(2) If I mouse over the mate in the feature tree I'd like it to show all the possible locations with grey mate connectors, the active config with a standard coloured mate connector, and dotted lines between them.
(3) If I mouse over the "1 selection" in the table I'd like the mate connector location it points to to be highlighted.
@malay_kumar Just in passing I've noticed some flakeyness in selecting locations for configured mate points.  The locations highlighted just fine with the usual white dots but often when trying to select them it added an edge to the input field not the point location, and then the feature failed.  If I cancelled the configuration and instead tried to create a new mate in the same location it worked just fine every time.  I believe this is why I thought mate connectors couldn't be configured earlier.
Cheers,
Owen S.
Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    I think showing configured features could also apply to the Part Studio
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    I think showing configured features could also apply to the Part Studio
    Sounds good to me.
    O.S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @owen_sparks I have moved this over to product feedback as it is not a single feature improvement we can link to one action.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.