Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Edit in context - red alarms all over

Erich_KochErich_Koch Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
Tried to copy pin positions of a DB-9 connector to a PCB, and I think that is done with "edit in context", now I have a bunch of red alerts that I can't resolve. And I can't see or edit the PCB.
My file is MOTOR CONTROL. What do I do? See the screen capture. 
Have done the entire MOTOR CONTROL in my phone.  Why?  Because it can be done. 
Thanks.  

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    "pcb sketch" has no selected sketch plane - edit that and it'll all come good. Is the sketch plane the bottom of the DB-9? If so, you'll have to activate the context so you can select it. (By the way - the DB-9 does not line up with the holes in the case).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Erich_KochErich_Koch Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks Neil for answering.
    My issue is that I can't see the the PCB, so I can't work on it. It has been made invisible. I can't select a sketch plane if I can't see the PCB.
    What I want to do is make holes on the PCB to match the pins at the bottom of the DB-9. So, I don't understand the sketch plane at the bottom of the DB-9 to activate the "in context" editing. I guess I need to understand the concept of "in context" editing.
    Thank you very much.
  • timandrewstimandrews Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 18
    @Erich_Koch in your screenshot you don't have any assembly context selected. Can you see the PCB if you change your assembly context from "None" to the context that your PCB is displayed in?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    You can’t see the PCB because the PCB sketch will not regenerate without a sketch plane (whether using in-context or not). 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI