Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Creating an extrude or hole at angle between two points

bswrchrdbswrchrd Member Posts: 2
I'm not entirely new to Onshape but I'm definitely not a CAD power user. I'm trying to figure out how to construct a set of holes through two angled surfaces, in the example below from the top two circles to the two circles shown at the bottom of the part. Anyone have any pointers? I tried an extrude but its vector is perpendicular to the sketch. Hole is the same thing.

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited March 2019
    create a plane that is perpendicular to your cut. Most likely your top face there with the large hole in it.

then sketch your holes on that plane and extrude

• bswrchrdbswrchrd Member Posts: 2
    Thanks John, I thought of doing that but wasn't sure how to make the plane perpendicular. I'll try that.
  • barry_andersenbarry_andersen Member Posts: 2
    Thanks very much for this solution; simple worked great!