Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Using Onshape to take the CWSA or CWSP certification test

terry_rorisonterry_rorison Member Posts: 6 EDU
Anyone used Onshape to take the CWSA or CWSP certification test.  If so, what was your experience?

Comments

• michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    edited March 2019
    I am a CSWP and as far as I can remember you need to take it in Solidworks. I would not use Onshape for this because it is a certification of Solidworks knowledge and skills. Using another program to get certified in Solidworks is a bit like cheating.

Here is the webpage: https://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/797_enu_html.htm

It is a difficult test so I strongly suggest to take a course to prepare and to try the practice exam. Good luck!
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @michael_mcclain Actually I can take the CSWP and pass it just using a Google Spreadsheet, and no... it is not cheating I just don't need to use SolidWorks to answer all the questions.

I am CSWST - Certified SolidWorks Support Technicians, CSWI - Certified SolidWorks Instructor and a few more
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    @emagdalenaC2i ok I'm probably mistaken. It's been a while since I took it and I don't fully remember the format. I do still feel that using a different program for a competency test doesn't feel right, but to each his own.