Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

reduce amount of vertices in dxf-file

jeroen_urjeroen_ur Member Posts: 3
Hello,

Is it possible to reduce the amount of vertices while exporting a drawing into a dxf-format?

Jeroen

Answers

• Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    It will use the exact same geometry that you have in the part or sketch you are exporting. You would have to redraw the sketch or edit the geometry to get fewer vertices.
  • jeroen_urjeroen_ur Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Cris

I was all ready afraid for that. I got some problems with my cam-software. Some polylines are getting hundreds of vertices. This is because i use a lot of offsets from splines. My cam-software is struggling with that many vertices.

• Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    @jeroen_ur Does your cam software have a cleanup tool? I just exported an enclosed spline I drew and offset several times and was able to reduce the vertice count from 173 to 75 using my cam software's cleanup tool with the tolerance set to 0.001.