Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Center Of Gravity

tim_50tim_50 Member Posts: 4 PRO
Hi.
I understand you can obtain center of gravity in parts and assembly if you assign material mass. Is there a way for you to show the COG on a drawing so measurements can be shown too?

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    The only work around I have come up with is mating a part, ie ball or arrow in at the C of G which will show up in the drawing.

If you could get mate connect to show up in the drawings I would use that but don't think they do yet.

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • tim_50tim_50 Member Posts: 4 PRO
    Thanks for the reply. I ended up doing something similar with two disc that have minimal depth so they show up in drawings
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited March 2019
    We need a better solution for C of G.  A constant frustration using workarounds. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977