Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Add option to clear selection for features that allow multiple selections

Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
There have been several times where I have selected multiple items for a feature, to only find out afterwards that I selected way too many things. At this point I could click every X to deselect the items I don't want, re-click on the items I don't want, or cancel the command and start over. Most often I cancel the command and start over because it's the fastest easiest option. It would be nice if I could just right click in the window and have a clear selections option instead.

Tagged:

Comments

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    You can right-click in the graphics area and clear selection.
    I would like a right-click menu with 'clear selection' in the selection box, so :+1:.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    @MBartlett21 Apparently I have never noticed it there, because I have tried that before. I see it there down in the middle of the list now. But, yes, a clear selection option in the selection box would be ideal.
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    I think you can also use space to clear selection :)
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Thx MB. Hadn't noticed that before.
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Agree this could be clearer.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @Cris_Bowers @MBartlett21 @glen_dewsbury @owen_sparks

Space bar is a handy shortcut for clearing selections.  This is probably the only shortcut I know by heart :sweat_smile:
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
    @Cris_Bowers @MBartlett21 @glen_dewsbury @owen_sparks

Space bar is a handy shortcut for clearing selections.  This is probably the only shortcut I know by heart :sweat_smile:
    Yeah, figured that out after @MBartlett21 mentioned it. I'm just used to SW and having the option to clear selections or delete a single selection from the right click menu in that window. Never really thought to click outside of it or that there would be a shortcut key.
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Oh I missed that comment!  Sorry for being redundant.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Oh I missed that comment!  Sorry for being redundant.
    That's ok, you're still one of the top two Jakes at Onshape. 🥈🥇
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
    No problem. But still it would also be nice to select multiple selections at a time instead of just one by one or all at once.
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited March 2019
    It's important to point these out.

Just for a dramatic effect: space bar to clear selection.
    For multi-select, window left & window right.

And please don't forget about create selection: