Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Pop Quiz - Two lines with horizontal constraints are not parallel

owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
Hi Folks.

Pop Quiz.

Both these highlighted sketch entities have horizontal constraints, and yet they're not parallel, how is this possible? B)

Owen S.
Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,367
    Are they working you hard there @owen_sparks? Different sketch planes obvs!

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Yes to both. ;)
    Also you're disqualified. :p

This was my favorite take away from Cody's webinar yesterday.  By setting up a sketch plane from a mate connector instead of the more usual face of the part we can rotate our local coordinate system such that our horizontal and vertical constraints function as we wish, in this case relative to the edges of the part, not world space.  Webinar attendance justified on that one nugget alone.

Cheers, Owen S. 
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    @konstantin_shiriazdanovThanks for that, it's currently working it's way around the office!
    Ta,
    Owen S.

HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I beleved it should be a well known video, they have also one about right angle)
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    ^^^ This is my life and I am pretty sure that I have been in these meetings! :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape