Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Change bend angle in bend table.

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
I would like the ability to change the angle of a flange in the bend table.

I created a part with flanges wrapped around the part. I created a profile and used the flange tool and clicked on all the edges that I wanted to make a flange. I created all these flanges in one feature so that the software will automatically make the correct miters. Since the profile is not 90 degrees square. I have one flange that I want to make parallel with the profile of the part. 

So I went to move command and rotated the face of that flange and then had to use the move command to offset it to match.

I think a quicker way would be to have the ability to change the angle in the bend table and the software would do it without using the move command or deleting the flange and then creatinga new flange at the new angle. You would type in the angle in the bend table and if you used multiple edges Onshape would automatically calculate the correct miter cuts to the flange and the adjacent flanges.

Thank you 

Bryan Lagrange
Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Comments