Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hide Show Parts and Multiuser Mayhem

Forlorn_DesignerForlorn_Designer OS Professional Posts: 11 PRO
Please make all part/assembly hide and show selections local to each user (as it is for x-sections). One of the amazing features of Onshape is working together on the same parts and assemblies. But this is greatly impeded when another team member shows an enclosure, for example, and I am "working under the hood". It blocks my view entirely. It would be much better if the enclosure only displayed on that user's screen and not mine. I have a similar request for moving parts/assemblies but this may be much more difficult to implement.

Comments

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @Forlorn_Designer If the person who is showing off the design only has view access, or creates a different branch, those edits will not affect you.

Those are just workarounds though, and I agree that this functionality would be nice.  I've pulled a ticket for you.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 693
    @Forlorn_Designer
    In meantime you and other collaborators could use different workspaces merging into Main what you consider to be a completed change