Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Perspective View

digtalcarbondigtalcarbon Member Posts: 42 PRO
I work in perspective view in my architectural cad system and would like to have it always turned on as my default for Onshape...is that doable?
Its just more like real life.

Comments

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @digtalcarbon It is not possible right now, but I have pulled a ticket for you.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    ricky_barnabyricky_barnaby Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    What is the keyboard shortcut TOGGLE, for perspective view ON/OFF? please anybody?
  • Options
    Theo_RTheo_R Member Posts: 81 PRO
    @Jake_Rosenfeld
    Here's a related IR - would love to see perspective field of view control.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    joshua_targownikjoshua_targownik Member Posts: 11 EDU
    any update on this?
  • Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 664 PRO
    any update on this?
    Its under the view cube, on its drop down. "turn perspective on"
  • Options
    ricky_barnabyricky_barnaby Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Its under the view cube, on its drop down. "turn perspective on"
    Great BUT... What is the keyboard shortcut TOGGLE for perspective view ON/OFF
  • Options
    david_brophydavid_brophy Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Yes I'd love to toggle perspective view on / off with a button on my SpaceMouse Pro. If would be great if this could have a keyboard shortcut.
  • Options
    STEGSTEG Member, User Group Leader Posts: 76 PRO
    I don't know for Onshape (never tested) but I remember that when using Autodesk Inventor, perspective view was pulling so much graphic power from my GPU (which was recent and powerful) that I stopped using it.