Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Need Hidden parts in a parts studio to not show in a drawing.

paul_bartlettpaul_bartlett Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
I am making  step by step drawings of the 6 tubing rectangles being assembled into a Orderly Tangle. The first Drawing would show the first 2 Rectangles assembled. Each drawing after that will have another rectangle added 5 drawings all together. 
When I hide the parts in the part studio they still show in the drawing. How do I fix this?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/61c933e953d3af55c5624b20/w/762737460990587f321bf1ed/e/d2d9362c171b6e9fd2445098

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I'd make an assembly, drop all the parts in, fix 1 part, then group mate all parts so they locked rigid and then use the display states which can be called up in the drawing.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • paul_bartlettpaul_bartlett Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    That Works Fine Thank You Mr Bartlett :)