Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Image failed to load

paul_noonan783paul_noonan783 Member Posts: 8
Hi everyone

I've been using onshape for maybe 6 months and absolutely adore it. A few times recently I've been unable to insert an image into a new sketch, getting the message "failed to load image". It has only occurred on one workspace. The workaround has been to make a copy the workspace and re do the operation in the new workspace, which worked. As the problem has occurred again on the new workspace (and again been solved by copying the whole setup to a new workspace), I seek help. Here is the item:

The offending (successfully uploaded) image file is 20190109_103319.jpg. Though the issue seems to be image independent. I was trying to load it into Sketch 9, found just before the rollback bar.

I've googled the issue a few times, also searched the forum, and found nothing, so will be pleased to have some help on this.

Cheers

Paul

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    I have seen this before and it typically is something to do with the image file. You can preview the upload fine but in a sketch it is not working?  Have you tried downscaling it or trying a png version of the image?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • paul_noonan783paul_noonan783 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Lou. Yes I can preview the upload just fine but in a sketch it is not working. And yes I have (before and since your msg) tried downscaling it and trying a png version of the image.

Yesterday I did manage to trick onshape into opening one of the affected images in a sketch in the problem workspace, by first opening a 'working' image in the same sketch, but I couldn't repeat it.

Also - I can use previously loaded 'working properly' images in a new sketch in the problem workspace, but if I reload them into that workspace from the original source, the newly imported images can not be imported into a sketch. This makes me wonder if it's an Onshape glitch. Particularly since creating a copy of the workspace gives me the proper functionality.

Cheers

Paul

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
     @paul_noonan783 it seems there might be a bug here we should have fixed in our next push.  Let me pull a ticket from this and attach you so you are notified when we fix it.  ~Lou
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • paul_noonan783paul_noonan783 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Lou

Thanks, That's great. Cheers, Paul