Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Shaded view in a section view ?

KORICHE_LeilaKORICHE_Leila Member Posts: 2 PRO
Hello , 

Can I make a shaded view in a section view pleas ? If yes, how ? 

Thank you for your help 

Comments

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    @KORICHE_Leila I have created a ticket for you.  We are always watching @john_mcclary
  • Honora_EganHonora_Egan Member Posts: 1
    @PeteYodis how this issue been resolved?
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    @Honora_Egan No, we do not yet support shaded section views.  I created a ticket for you and tied you to that improvement.  As part of your Pro level subscription we tie you to improvements when you request them using our "Contact support" mechanism in the help menu. This is a bit different than forum improvement requests.  
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I voted this up,

• ryan_thistleryan_thistle Member Posts: 4 PRO
    Voted up,  I have to duplicate parts and cut them in half to get this effect right now.
  • phil_erdley628phil_erdley628 Member Posts: 16 PRO
    +1 

This would make design conversations much easier, if I can show details in color.
  • karen_wagner223karen_wagner223 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Shaded section and detail views would really make life easier. Voted up Pete's April 2019 comment