Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Air duct fins

alexcalexc Member Posts: 7
edited April 2019 in Using Onshape
Hey,

I've got an air duct which I'm trying to add fins to internal to help direct the airflow, however whilst I can control the shape in regards to the curve, how can I make it so that the loft/extrude does not protrude outside of the existing shell?

Maybe I am going about this the wrong way entirely, so any advise is welcome!

Project: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/e81372c277aa88121c9c4ece/w/f90e980ad333c1890d66f70d/e/a176f7773d5fb81433599e57

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    Hey @alexc - use Delete Face to get rid of the extra bits. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    alexcalexc Member Posts: 7
    NeilCooke said:
    Hey @alexc - use Delete Face to get rid of the extra bits. 
    Perfect, thank you
  • Options
    craig_sosebeecraig_sosebee Member Posts: 7
    I was looking to accomplish the same thing, but trying to use delete faces will only let you delete the top face, if you select "leave open" which  leaves the sides and it will not let you delete them. Do you have to isolate the section first somehow?
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    Delete face with the heal option would be one way to solve this kind of issue. 

Setting the Extrude as up to face or up to part is probably easier.