Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Triad Manipulator Update

sean_blanchardsean_blanchard Member, User Group Leader Posts: 49 ✭✭✭
I would like to see an improvement with the Triad Manipulator. Currently, the design of the manipulator resembles this:

I would like to see the manipulators be more opaque. Similar to the following:

Comments

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited April 2019
    If we go that way I'd like to see Red, Green and Blue arrows for X, Y and Z manipulators.

Also vote for your own IR ;)
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @sean_blanchard We have plans in the future to add more to our manipulator.  This is not something we are considering to have as a voted on improvement today..
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    My 2 cents:

I agree with the colors @owen_sparks is suggesting, but I would keep the current Onshape style manipulator. That SW one I end up choosing the wrong direction/rotation by accident because they overlap so much and are so large. If the X axis is in the same position as you show the Onshape style one, you would not be able to grab it without rotating your view. At least with the smaller grips with Onshape's there are very few angles where it is impossible to grab what you need.
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited April 2019
    I've never had an issue using the Onshape triad but if there were a change I agree with @owen_sparks and @john_mcclary about the XYZ - RGB colours, I use these colours as references all the time on MC's.  

One improve I'd like to see is using the Ball with a modifier key to drag and snap a part in position. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977