Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Professional pricing misleading?

Hi,

I'm considering taking up the Professional subscription for Onshape, and felt comfortable enough with the $125/mo pricing displayed on the Pricing page:
https://www.onshape.com/cad-pricing

However, there's a "billed annually" written after the pricing rate, and on further investigation, it seems like there's only the option to pay by year and not by month.

Since there's no possibility of breaking up the yearly payment into smaller monthly quanta, wouldn't a more accurate pricing statement be $1500/yr, instead of $125/mo?

Stating $125/mo appears misleading as it seems to imply that we can pay at a per month basis.

Comments

• mark_leichlitermark_leichliter Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Agree 100%. BTW, even my Solidworks VAR allowed me to pay quarterly. Why the rigidity here? I would become a Pro user if there was a more flexible billing system.
  • sean_blanchardsean_blanchard Member, User Group Leader Posts: 49 ✭✭✭
    @john_hackington I couldn't agree more. I wish Onshape had a monthly pricing plan. For entrepreneurs and startups this is a more affordable option. 
  • john_hackingtonjohn_hackington Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Hey all, while I do agree that a more flexible monthly pricing plan will be great for many of us, I guess maybe Onshape finds that the current arrangement is better for business sustainability. They do have to make enough money to support all the servers including the free users, and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they are doing what is necessary.

Pertaining to my original concern of misleading pricing, they have already changed the pricing page to candidly state that it is price per year, so that issue can be considered resolved.