Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Double click to edit notes in drawings not very responsive

Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
General practice to edit a note is to double click them. I'm finding this challenging and after several attempts end up going the right click > edit note route. Is this something that can be improved upon?

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited May 2019
    I can't say I have experienced this problem with notes.

double click always works for me.

Maybe you have a lot of lines in your drawing that are slowing everything down?
    Try hiding hidden lines (that has caused performance issues for me before)
  • Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    This has been something that has been constant for me. After testing it isn't really just contained to notes, but also anything else that can be double clicked on to edit. I know I have had problems with performance in some cases because a lot of my objects come from DXF's that have been converted from vector art, which can result in a lot of lines. The art I used for this one actually converted really cleanly so there aren't that many lines. I tried hiding hidden lines in my views and that didn't help. It's hit or miss really. Sometimes I double click and can edit right away, other times I have to try several times.
    You should share your document with support and have them take a look.

What are your computer specs?
    https://cad.onshape.com/check
    Looks like your computer is well and good.

I see you are using Firefox. I've noticed in the past chrome is much smoother and more responsive in drawings than firefox. You should give that a try and see.

I just installed FF and tested it, there was a significant difference when I cranked up the line detail. It took me 4 attempts to right click the ISO view and turn the hidden lines back off...
    Interesting. I had the opposite experience. I tried out Chrome for about a month but switched back to Firefox because it was performing worse for me.
    edited May 2019
    That is weird
  • romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    I find it challenging as well to get into edit mode for notes, dimensions, and tables.

I feel like my Double-Click speed is just not quite right - sometimes too fast, sometimes too slow.

I also have this responsiveness problem when adding dimensions in the Sketcher (Part Studio) or Assemblies: I double click a dimension to change it...but the box takes a little too long to get ready to accept my input...and my first keystroke (or 2) are lost. Instead of 15.625, it captures 5.625 or even worse: .625.

Are these issues all related?