Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

When did we get the ability to move the feature tree?

Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
I have an assembly with a fair bit of configuration options so I was trying to drag the window down to show them all. Instead what I got was a little hand that dragged the feature tree across the screen. I have never noticed this before. How long has this been a thing? Since it is a thing can you make it so the view cube, configuration, BOM, and sheet metal flyouts reposition themselves so they are still selectable without moving it out of the way again?

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    It's been there for a long time - you can also reposition the view cube :)
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • awkawk Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 78
    A long time (as Neil said) is actually forever - we've always had the ability to move the feature list around. Even in the very first prototypes six years ago!
    Director of API, Appstore, and App Partner Technical Support
  • Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    Well that's cool. So can you make it so that the other things reposition themselves if the tree is moved all the way to the right then?