Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Search

_Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
I tried looking for an old thread and had problems finding it. Are there any guidelines for using advanced functions in the search or is this something that we need.

Best Answer

Answers

• stevehessstevehess Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 98
    edited May 2015
    Hi @dave_petit, after re-reading your post I now believe you are asking about help in this forum and not search in the Onshape client.  Either way, as it turns out, we don't have help documentation for search in our client so I filed a ticket on that.  Thanks for the feedback either way.

I'll let @lougallo comment on the forum search side of things.
    Steve Hess \ Onshape Inc.
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @SteveHess yes I was referring to the need for an advanced search feature in the forum search.

Thanks
  • alan_89alan_89 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    This sparked a thought, search should be everywhere, SOLIDWORKS command search is fantastic for not having a cluttered interface for less frequently used comannds, just type S for your shortcut menu then start typing, also was added to the options dialogs . Better to add this kind of thing before you get too many features!