Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Probs with tangential connection

franz_balleis127franz_balleis127 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
what am I doing wrong ?
I would like to make a tangential connection of a ball bearing with a wheel, but I can not mark the whole surface. See the print screen.

Comments

• mthiesmeyermthiesmeyer Onshape Employees Posts: 115
    Hi @franz_balleis127

It can be difficult to diagnose/fix issues without being able to interact with the document. Could you please make your document public and post a link here?

See https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9107/forum-post-checklist#latest for some recommendations on best practices.

Once you do this, many forum members will happily hop in and try to help you out!

Best,

Mike
  • franz_balleis127franz_balleis127 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Sorry her is the link 
    Franz
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Hi @franz_balleis127 - the surfaces must be perfectly tangent - you can check this by right-clicking in the part studio and choosing "create selection" / "tangent connected". Your sketch has a distinct lack of tangent constraints, and for something this intricate, your sketch should be fully defined (all black).

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • franz_balleis127franz_balleis127 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Hello Neil,
    First of all, thank you for your quick reply.
    Your tip is exactly a starter for my next question.
    How can I find out what exactly is missing to completely a line or structure definition, so that it becomes "black"?
    Franz
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    I would try to keep sketches as simple as possible. Once you start to get too many sketch entities, it becomes more difficult to manage and is more likely to break during regeneration. For example, it would be better to do the outside of the disc as one sketch, then extrude. Then create a sketch of the simplified raceway without the little "bumps" (and possibly with fewer fillets) then extrude/remove. Then create a sketch of the little bumps and extrude/add and add any remaining fillets. Sounds like more work, but you will have a more robust model.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI