Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

"Show Hidden Parts" Command to be able to only Show the Parts Selected and Not All.

Don_Van_ZileDon_Van_Zile Member Posts: 195 PRO

Other systems have a "Show Hidden Components" command that makes for a very clean worflow for when you have a lot of Parts hidden in that you enter a temporary mode that shows you the Parts that are currently Hidden. The user can then Select only the Parts they choose verses an "All or Nothing" approach currently. Unlike other systems, this could apply to Sketches and other entities too.
Tagged:

Comments

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU

Other systems have a "Show Hidden Components" command that makes for a very clean worflow for when you have a lot of Parts hidden in that you enter a temporary mode that shows you the Parts that are currently Hidden. The user can then Select only the Parts they choose verses an "All or Nothing" approach currently. Unlike other systems, this could apply to Sketches and other entities too.
    Try using Shift+Y to unhide your selected parts
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Both SHIFT Y and selecting things from the tree and then selecting Show should do this.  There are a few things we are working on related to display states of data and other selection filters that should give more options here.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Don_Van_ZileDon_Van_Zile Member Posts: 195 PRO
    lougallo said:
    Both SHIFT Y and selecting things from the tree and then selecting Show should do this.  There are a few things we are working on related to display states of data and other selection filters that should give more options here.
    Imagine a very large, complex assembly though. I know many users aren't there yet, but finding what you want in a long tree can be time consuming or a dead end. I want to leverage the visual from the graphics area for sure when many parts are hidden. I used this all the time and now I find myself needlessly showing all parts (and have to hide others again) when I can't find exact ones from the List.... It's very frustrating.  We can setup an online meeting if you'd like to show the benefit.
  • marco_caron170marco_caron170 Member Posts: 10 PRO
    +1 on very large assembly and not remembering all the components part numbers, i used this extensively on solidworks
  • romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    Maybe we can add this discussion to this Improvement Request: 

HIDE & SHOW PARTS WHEN ISOLATE IS ACTIVE

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/11690/hide-show-parts-when-isolate-is-active#latest

Or, do you guys want to vote for it? ;)...maybe the functionality is close to what you're after OR the "show hidden parts" should be an option in my IR.