Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Displaying dimension units

howard_moskovitzhoward_moskovitz Member Posts: 2
I’m new to onshape. Is there any way to get the dimension tool to display the unit type? It only show a number but if I’m mixing SAE and metric I don’t know which is which.

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 2,618
    No, only if you enable dual dimensions from the drawing properties panel (wrench icon on right of screen). You can set dual dimensions individually for each dimension too, using the popup icon next to the dimension. Please create an improvement request in the category on the right -->
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,495 PRO
    edited June 5
    Are we talking in a PartStudio sketch or in a drawing?  If PS then I don't believe so but it'll show whatever the document is set to.  Doh, just saw you posted this in the drawings forum so that answers that question.

I'll let someone who knows about drawings jump in.
    Owen S.
    Production Engineer
    HWM-Water Ltd