Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

flat pattern projection in drawing

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭✭
I run into issues where I place the flat pattern of a sheet metal part in a drawing and the directions of the bends are opposite of what I need. Onshape will only show the one direction with bend direction notes with bend lines. It would be a great fix if I could just use project view and flip the view to the other side and get the opposite directions and bend lines. Currently I get a blank flat pattern with this method. If I want the bend directions noted, on the bend lines, in the direction I need, I have to hide notes and manually enter the direction which can sometimes lead to user error input if not careful. Other solution is to remodel the part changing the bend direction in the model. This is ok for simple, single part model or very small assembly, but if you get into a large assembly, and have many parts that are associated with each other, it can be a whole lot of waste of time to get things in the order you need to get the drawing to note the bend direction you need. Does anyone have a solution other than re modeling or manually inputting bend direction notes?

Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Comments