Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Comments in mobile version?

colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
Am I missing something or is commenting in the mobile apps not available yet? 

Thanks

Comments

• cyclonewadecyclonewade OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    The iOS apps are in need a update.  They are missing a couple of the most recent features.  With that being said, I'm don't have any inside information on if the mobile app will have the commenting module.
    imagine.create.deliver
  • john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Not yet. The mobile apps tend to trail the browser functionality. They should be rolling out in the near future.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    The most recent update to Mobile added the derived dim toggle but we opted to wait until the next build to show the what's new.  Many times with the mobile app, the web development adds the server side tools that the mobile client will then implement so as @John Rousseau said, it typically trails a release or two in new functions.  However, a document that has features built in the web version is almost always able to be edited and modified from mobile before the native creation feature is added.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Could you have an up-to-date list of features missign from mobile version (visible from ipad / android app). So users would know what they should find in mobile ver and what is yet to come.
    I suppose people who use only mobile app is a minor group (?) and this list would help a lot if you occassionally move from desktop (web client) to mobile. 
    //rami
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @3dcad I would say at this point in Beta keeping a list "up to date" would burn cycles we probably are not going to have at this point.  We try to keep them in close sync as we can.  Mobile help should indicate what is current but we are not keeping a delta list at this point.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.