Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Stopping that nerving wild rotations

hansrudolfhansrudolf Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
And while I'm in the mood...
Due to (possibly) some wrong mouse clicks my parts often get in a kind of wild rotations all over the screen, when I move the mouse. Up to now I found no easy way to stop that rotation and go back to the view as it was before. What is the correct way to come out of that loop?

Thanks,
Hansrudolf

Comments

• billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    refresh your browser window.

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
     ? ? What's going on ? ?
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @hansrudolf

On the view cube in the upper right hand corner, you can click any of the faces or corners to restore your view to a more standard state.  You can also hold the "alt" key while rotating to do a "tabletop" or "z-up" rotation, which some people find to be more useful for them.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    It almost sounded like it got stuck in some animation lock. Maybe I read into it too much
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    If the issue is that you got into some kind of animation lock by dragging off the window and letting go, you can fix it by just going back into the window and doing another rotation, then letting go. (So for me, with default controls, a quick right click and drag  in the window should fix it)
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • hansrudolfhansrudolf Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Many thanks, did not understand all (...animation lock by dragging off the window and letting go?), but when it happens again I will try the view cube or refreshing the browser.
    Kind regards,
    Hansrudolf