Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Post on forum from the application, same way as to contact support.

Auke_Smit_SILAuke_Smit_SIL Member Posts: 20 PRO
Sometime I have a question, or insight when using onshape. 

I could post those to the forums, but I am not (yet) arround that often, and it is its own place. 
So I just use the contact support button and get my answer or feature request in the email by the great team of Onshape. 

You got to love this contact support feature!! 

So why not give me the ability to choose where to post the question or idea. To onshape support, or directly to the forum.
So I could add all the screenshot goodness and sharing (view only) of document glory to a forum post. And be involved in the forum community easier.

If this feature was added, then you guys would definately see me arround here more often.

Comments

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    :+1:
    Maybe also from the mobile app
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Auke_Smit Thank you for your feedback.  I am looking into ways this might be possible for some users.  Since our UX team is also part of our support team, we really like to have a good understanding from our users and just posting to the forum directly is not something we are considering yet.  However I have been playing around with ways to view and post to the forum.  I also want to try to reduce the noise in our improvement requests by reducing dups.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Auke_Smit_SILAuke_Smit_SIL Member Posts: 20 PRO
    I do not see how posting directly to the forum would reduce input to the OnShape teams. Technically you could solve that by flagging all messages created this way also for internal support, you will not miss anything that way. And if you do not deem it worthy of your time, it will be solved by the community.
    I even think that by posting it on the forum directly it can integrate other onshape departments even more. (Not all support items are UX related, right?)

And my biggest point is that it will increase community involvement between users. Get ideas flowing, support each other, have better product binding, and more community related goodness.

I hope I explained the idea better, and persuaded you ;)