Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

2D parts Projected view change

Mazie_HouchensMazie_Houchens Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
hello!

Is there any way to change the Projected Views tool in the drawings from the default to backwards? I have to reorient all of my parts after using the tool because they are on the wrong side of what i need.
(like i drag the view to the left and i get the right side of the part)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,381
    ISO drawing formats are set to first angle projection - ANSI ones are third angle which is what you are looking for. You can also create custom drawing templates which may work better for you.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @NeilCooke
    Why does ISO default to first-angle? All the drawings I have done are ISO with third-angle projection.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,381
    @MBartlett21 same here! Seems first angle is historically the ISO way of doing things but accepts both. Most of Europe except for Germany and France (I think) use third angle. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI