Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can you Auto Balloon parts from BOM on assembly 2D?

Mazie_HouchensMazie_Houchens Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
I am making assembly drawings and was wondering if there is a way to auto balloon out parts from the BOM. I have the views on the page and the bom but need to have the parts labeled via the bom and don't now if its only possible manually.
Tagged:

Comments

• Mazie_HouchensMazie_Houchens Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    sorry if i put this in the worng section on accident

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    This is fine here @Mazie_Houchens.  As a pro user, your most direct line is the contact support in the help menu in the product - but we watch here and file tickets for Pro users when we see them.  For anyone else following along, automatic balloons are not possible yet in Onshape drawings - but something we plan to deliver on.  
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Scott_MorrisScott_Morris Member Posts: 17 EDU
    this improvement request is closed as implemented. if so, how does it work? i really need the auto-balloon capability but cannot find it
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    @Scott_Morris you're right, this has not been implemented. Looks like the support ticket attached to the IR was closed when it shouldn't have been, although a number of other tickets have been opened by Pro users. Could you please create a new IR for free plan users to vote on? Interesting that nobody has flagged this before now?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI