Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Avoid small Surfaces

kai_h_borbekai_h_borbe Member Posts: 14 EDU
Good morning,
i have a problem with small surfaces (knife faces) in my geometry. The mesher (SnappyHexMesh from opemfoam) did not like such faces.
Here are three screenshots from a example surfaces:
The area of the surfaces are 9,772E-8 m².

May is it possbile to find all surfaces with a area for example below 1,0e-2 m² ?

And can i "fix" these little surfaces, like unite them with the neighbor ?

Best regards
Kai

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Finding them can’t be done unless you have a custom feature to do it for you (not too tricky). Once you’ve found them, try Delete Face or Replace Face. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • kai_h_borbekai_h_borbe Member Posts: 14 EDU
    edited October 2019
    Thank you, i will try it.

I have another question in that context,

to get the visible geometry in a single project without the featuresteps and the not visible geometrys. I download the Part Studio as a Solidwords file and reimport them, is there a easier workaround ?

Best regards
    Kai

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310

to get the visible geometry in a single project without the featuresteps and the not visible geometrys. I download the Part Studio as a Solidwords file and reimport them, is there a easier workaround ? 

Right-click a part (or surface or curve) in the Parts List (bottom left) and select Show All
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/12422/geometry-analysis#latest  Kai you should give your IR an upvote. I just did. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977