Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Something going wrong with Onshape features

Konstantin_ShKonstantin_Sh Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
Some time ago my company made a desigion to give onshape a try and we where pretty happy untill now, it gave a higher stability and a better parametrization then our old CAD. But what I started to notice resently is that features can just broke and behave unpredictively.
Here is the example with thicken feature which suddenly now wants you to mannualy retype the same input value each time again and again (it worked well before)
https://youtu.be/FSv8GMOzCYc
Another example is with the body which is no more divided by extrude-remoove feature into two separate parts though it worked well a few days ago. And this situation is occuring in our template document which is used as reference for every new design - it's simply unacceptable.
https://youtu.be/6Xylrq5bkac
I also faced this kind of behavior in several other cases but didn't made videos so not going to mention them. The bugs where reported to support but this seem to be not just a couple of ordinary minor bugs, but some pretty fundamental issue in basic capabilities which occured not so long ago.

Comments

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Have you logged this with support? Use the ? tool top right. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    Konstantin_ShKonstantin_Sh Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    @brucebartlett of course, but I'don't feel it is enough
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 695
    @konstantin_shiriazdanov
    I'm sorry it took us some time to get to the root of the issue here. The support should be getting in touch with Thicken issue fix. Please make sure the second document is shared with support so that we can investigate that one.