Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hole Table Errors/Issues

brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
I tried but had to abandon using hole tables for a project where parts were designed together in a single Part Studio. Here is why...

I just wanted to use the labels not the x & y locations. I found out that if you use blind in last holes to create a set of holes but have a second set of the same holes in the "last" part and create them just using blind, tapped holes (same tap settings) they will get different labels, but with identical hole information. There is no way in the table to change the label for a hole or set of holes either. I would prefer that holes that are a pattern or just used for fastening a specific part could have their labels specific to that pattern or grouping. I also ran across an instance where the hole count was incorrect and there was nothing I could do about it.

Comments

• ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    Sorry you're having trouble with this stuff -- would you mind elaborating on a couple of things to help us debug?

1. Just the labels -- you can turn x&y off by unchecking "show location data" in the hole properties dialog
    2. Blind-in-last vs. Blind tapped -- could you please share a link to a document where you have two holes in the same part with identical callout info, but different tags (labels)?
    3. Could you share a link where the hole count is incorrect?

Thanks.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    Ok, I've been looped in to your support ticket and can see the issue.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc