Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hiding Images in a Drawing when Converting to DXF

fletcher_porterfletcher_porter Member Posts: 14
In the drawing template I use, I have an image showing a company logo.  However, I'm concerned that the image could create compatibility or memory (on, say, a CNC machine) issues when sending DXFs to vendors.  So the clever thing I thought I'd try was to put my company logo on top of plain text of my company name and remove the image when exporting to DXF.  However, doing this manually is a pain and I'll forget to do it.  So I'd like to automate it.

So I'm wondering if my compatibility and memory fears are warranted and if this sort of automation is within the scope of FeatureScript.

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,394
    HI @fletcher_porter - no to FeatureScript, that is only for creating custom modeling features. I can't speak for the compatibility or memory issues with whatever downstream CNC software you may use, but you really have two options - swap out the border for one without a logo (or any border at all) or export DXF from the model. The first is time-consuming and error-prone and requires your drawing views to be at 1:1. The second allows you to export a face or sketch direct to DXF from the model and is probably more robust - the only issue here is if you need to export more than one face. All I can advise is to try it and see what happens.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI