Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Stubborn selection

BogdanBogdan Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
It is the second time that it happend to me and I have decided to ask for help. I was editing in context and it was imposible for me to make a selection disappear. Actually, the selected element was deleted, but the "ghost" was still visible. I finished editing the sketch and returned back to assembly, where surprisingly the selection was also visible. When this thing first happend the "ghost" of the selected element remained visible for a few hours, even though I tried to close the document or log out/in from/to Onshape. Assuming that this time will also disappear, I made a screenshot of both part studio and assembly.

Part studio:

Assembly:

If it has any importance, I'm using Firefox 70.0.1 web browser on Windows 10.
Did this ever occured to you?

Best Answer

Answers

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    If I'm understanding your issue I believe the behavior you see is expected. 
    A context is a "snap shot in time".  If you edit something after you've taken the context you'll still see how things were when you took the context.  However there is an option to "update context" that will bring the context up to current state.  Does that tally with what you're seeing?
    Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • BogdanBogdan Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Thanks Owen for you input, but the snapshot is made when the context is entered, at that moment there was no element selected, no sketch in edit mode. The selection was made during a sketch edit, when the element was deleted and the selection (in light blue) remained.

I opened the document again and updated the context and the selection is still there, in assembly.
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @Bogdan If you refresh the page, does it go away?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
    @MBartlett21 I don't remember if I tried refreshing the page, but I'm sure that I switched to other tabs (Onshape tabs) and re-opened the document.

On the previous occasion when this thing happened, I logout and then back into Onshape and the selection was still present. After continuing to work in that document, I noticed that the selection disappeared after a while.

@MBartlett21 It's not a huge drawback, I was more interested to know if may way of working was wrong, and if it would have been a bug to help in the solving process. Thanks for tip, next time it happenes I will try the page refresh.