Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Pro Company and Enterprise IR voting.

owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
Hi folks. I believe it would appropriate for a company admin to be able to cast a block of IR votes equating to the number of seats they subscribe to. Does that sound fair to other folks?

I know Onshape likes to receive feedback from paid users via the feedback button rather than IR's but I like to open ideas up for discussion rather than dropping them in a black hole.
Cheers Owen.
Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    edited January 2020
    I like the open IR system too, lets you see what you're voting on etc.

I think the Ent users should have higher vote weight. Just like pro users have over free users.
    They contribute way more money, so they should have a slight edge in the vote.

Now, making a vote count as an entire company.. perhaps in the feedback tool on a request there could be a high priority level or something (i'm not sure how they track that currently)

But on the open Forum.. it's every user for themselves... Some people at the same company may not care about some features. so why saturate a feature only one person "thought" they needed? Just will end up tailoring the software for the minority at that point, and we will be left with feature creep and bloatware that 3 or 4 companies over-influenced.

Basically the difference between "buying votes" and an "Electoral College"
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited January 2020
    @owen_sparks pro and enterprise users ir casts are captured no matter what and we have a number of ways we weigh votes. The public system will remain simple single vote per user and you are welcome to post however the weight comes from the single direct vote or the poster of the public request. 

Improvements are a subjective system as there are tickets, votes on the forum, meeting with customers and our own desires to complete our roadmap. Today keeping the improvement system simple is key to keep our ears to the ground to our users. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Thanks for the conversation.  The effort Onshape put into the improvement system and the dialogue with clients is in my opinion industry leading :+1: 
    Cheers, Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd