Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

watermark blocking PDF

guy_rogelguy_rogel Member, User Group Leader Posts: 84 PRO
when exporting drawings with watermark , the water mark is not transparent. Dimension and lines are blocked.
I am sure this can be improved no ?
Tagged:

Comments

• romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    If you're referring to the "in progress" watermark, it's function is to indicate that the drawing is not Released, and therefore is not controlled. The next version of that drawing (which isn't released and is not a Revision) may be different.

To fix this, Release the drawing and export the Revision instead of the Workspace Version of the drawing - then the watermark is removed.

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Yeah, but let's say we're printing the document to take to a design review in preparation for the release, then I can see the OP's point!
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    In Release Management settings, you can turn off the watermark for drawings that aren't Revision Managed:

(I know that's not what you're after, but I think it's what we've got until Onshape makes some changes).

@guy_rogel have you made an Improvement Request?
  • guy_rogelguy_rogel Member, User Group Leader Posts: 84 PRO
    Thank you Romeograhm. 
    I know what water mark is. I do not want to remove it. in many cases we use non released drawings for different purposes. it's good to have the water mark on them. i'ts just not "transparent enough"  this is what I would like to improve. Just like it's transparent while reviewing on onshape