Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to add measurements to spirals

lorenz_poigerlorenz_poiger Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
Hello, 

I can't seem to add any type of measurement to my very simple helix. I would like to add measurements to the tube (ID, OD) and to the spiral itself (ID, OD, height). Is there anyway to do this? There are close to no selection points on the helix. Even in the section view I cannot select the tubing ID or OD.

I'm thankful for any tips. 
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    Try using the center line tools in drawings

You may need to toggle quadrant snaps on (shift+q)
  • Options
    tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Another option that I've used a couple of times is to add Part Studio sketches to the drawing view. If going down this route, it may be useful to create a new "clean" sketch that only contains the elements you need to create your dimensions. 

Its not ideal, but it has worked for me. 
  • Options
    lorenz_poigerlorenz_poiger Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    @john_mcclary Unfortunately that doesn't work. I don't have any selectable points to attach either of these tools. 

@tim_hess427 Yes as of now this seems to be the only option for me. Messy workaround though..

Thanks for the suggestions!