Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Trouble with extruding

zach_lane579zach_lane579 Member Posts: 2
I am having an issue with extruding the S on this design.  I was able to extrude everything but the s and the big center of the circle.  Link below.  I am getting an error saying Extrude did regenerate properly, Check input.  It appears it is all closed
.https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c67c86c7d2d8d9e5ac3f2d40/w/627f01404534d8332f1648c3/e/3c9de18c7802dd488270acf2

Answers

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @zach_lane579

looks like you fixed it?  

Another topic - do you want all the components to be seperate parts.  If not change the extrudes to 'add' instead of 'new'.  Or boolean them together...
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • albert_turneralbert_turner Member Posts: 2 EDU
    I'm getting the same error message and my sketch is shaded, what did you do to fix it? 
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @albert_turner
    Welcome to Onshape and the forum.
    You likely have an open sketch and the shading you see is imprinting.  You can turn imprint off in the sketch dialog.
    if you share a public document we can better help
    see instructs here
    www.accuratepattern.com