Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Part changes after initial release management

aaron_shumanaaron_shuman Member Posts: 3 PRO
I am just starting to investigate the release management and have a what I hope is a simple question.

I have a part studio with single part and corresponding drawing in the same document.

I released the drawing and part together. Now I want to make a change to the part and drawing. I make a change to the model but I'm not able to update the drawing with the new geometry. Do I have to release the part to a new revision before I can make changes to the drawing?

Prior to releasing I could make a change to the part and update the drawing with the yellow refresh button. 

Thanks Aaron

Comments

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Right now, you're drawing is linked to the "read-only" revision of the model to prevent automatic changes from the model showing up in the drawing. 

Right-click on the drawing tab and select "update linked document". This should give you the option to update to a newer version or revision. If you don't have a new version, you should be able to select the history graph and link the drawing to the workspace instead. Linking to the workspace will enable the little yellow update button again as well. 
  • aaron_shumanaaron_shuman Member Posts: 3 PRO
    Thanks Tim I was able to switch the drawing to reference the current workspace based on your suggestion