Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

modifying a feature on an imported part.

joseph_conlinjoseph_conlin Member Posts: 10 PRO
I am trying to modify a slot on an imported part. Tried using move faces and the offset but does not do what I want it to. The slot is currently at .375 X .500 and I need to change it to .45 X .500. 

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,353
    Try Move Face / Translate and pick one of the straight lines of the slot to define the direction.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    The "select faces" tool with the "pocket" option selected may help.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited January 2020
    You can re-cut the bigger slot with a new sketch & remove extrude.

You can delete the existing faces and start over using a new sketch & remove extrude.

My favorite is to build a new part based on the imported one. First; you'll want to re-orient & re-position incase the author didn't do that correctly.

You can do almost anything to a dumb solid and make changes to it. There are really no downsides to a dumb solid. It's better than a model that's poorly constructed.