Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Multiple surfaces from single feature

I want to draw a profile sketch and then extrude/revolve/sweep the whole sketch with a single surface feature. It is okay that the command results in several surfaces, but I want to avoid the extra features in the tree and the extra mouse work.
Example profile sketch:

The surface extrusion fails if I select both the circle and the line, so I have to do several features. Is it possible to make this work?

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Sindre_Abrahamsen This is not going to join as it sits today and picking them individually is not supported.  You could do something with FeatureScript to do what you are after but if you cannot join them I am not sure that is something we would consider.  If the sketch contains many things that either are separate or can be joined then it should work.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.