Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Create document in new tab.

tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
I wish there was a way to open new documents in new tabs. There are certain stages in projects where I'm creating several new documents in short succession and its a pain to keep re-opening the "Documents" page. At a minimum, changing the default behavior would be an improvement. Whenever I'm working, I like to keep one tab open with the documents page at all times. 

If you're debating whether this is important: Just imagine that Finder or Windows Explorer closed every time you created or opened a document. Wouldn't that be frustrating? Why should Onshape's behavior be different?

P.S. - I know that I can right-click on a document and open it in a new tab, which is why I'm specifically asking about creating new documents here. 

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @tim_hess427 This seems to be more of a browser behavior.  If you hold down SHIFT and click you get. a new window and if you hold down CTRL/CMD click you get a new tab.  These are universal in browsers.  Give that a try.  Default behavior is to navigate to the destination .
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Middle click does this for me.  Browser can also be set to open all links in new tab by default.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team