Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

transform rotate select axis

rune_thorsen229rune_thorsen229 Member Posts: 179 ✭✭
Hi, I expected to be able to Transform- Rotate and directly select an axis (Top, Front, Right ) in the geometry, but it dosn't work. Please make it.
(That is to rotate directly around an XYZ axis without having to fiddle with lines indirectly related to xyz)
Tagged:

Comments

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    I have noticed the same need to make extra geometry before going into Transform.  I think it is best addressed with the 'select Mate Connector'.  However, it needs to be more robust when creating an implicit MC on the fly.  I.e. ability to select axis at origin (like in assembly) and then Realign/Move.  Working with a Mate Connector is great because it is visual, permanent, and once improved could be edited.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • rune_thorsen229rune_thorsen229 Member Posts: 179 ✭✭
    bruce_williams, thanks I know but I was thinking about userfriendlyness (new word?) and efficiency. 
    For anything refering to direction, planes etc it should be possible in one click to select a XYZ axis.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @rune_thorsen229 Do you have an example I can see?  Is the XYZ axis something that already exists?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • chris_hardakerchris_hardaker Member Posts: 6
    lougallo said:
    @rune_thorsen229 Do you have an example I can see?  Is the XYZ axis something that already exists?
    Yes, there is a next little x and y and z in the upper right corner of the display. Given there is a central point that all axis go through, rotating about that point by simply entering a letter or selecting the axis label would make life so much easier.