Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Having trouble with curves.

glenn_pierceglenn_pierce Member Posts: 7
Hi. I have a feature I want to add to my design but am not even sure which tool I could use to start with.
I have a very simple design of a rest. Two of these will be screwed to my wall and my archery bow is intended to rest on them.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/838d9c5bcaec16e3bb6079ee/w/a0b80d4ff6bb65e9658f4a43/e/8f61c5d8508ca4db98472375

I created this by intersecting two shapes to get the curvature I wanted.
My issue is I don't want the bow to slide off the front so I want a lip at the front that follows the curved top surface. 

Has anyone got any ideas on how I could add this lip ?

Thanks

Comments

• John_P_DesiletsJohn_P_Desilets Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 235
    Hello @glenn_pierce

Thank you for reaching out to the Onshape team! I made a quick example of adding a small lip to the edge of the part. The way I added the feature might be a little advanced but it is something to start with. Is this what you are looking for?

What kind of bow are you hanging? 

Onshape Document 
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/16c3a00d004b8e30a63ecf40/w/5f77684821331fed3d9ccce9/e/31ca05bce49274d91461f126

• glenn_pierceglenn_pierce Member Posts: 7
    That's brilliant. Way better than what I was coming up with. I wouldn't have thought of the splitting face part.

The bow is a recurve. I'm just a beginner though. I completed the beginner course but before I could join my local club the family had to go into isolation :( Luckily I had bought all the kit before the weeks of lock down we have now.
    The reason I want the mount to to save me taking the bow down and up when I am using it everyday due to the lock down. 

Thanks again.
  • John_P_DesiletsJohn_P_Desilets Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 235
    Good for you. Shooting a recurve takes a lot of skill! I have been shooting since I was 8 years old and I still do to this day. Good luck with your part project and thanks for reaching out to us.