Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Specify color in Extrude, Revolve... - in all commands where creating new parts

Hans_Ole_LeirvikHans_Ole_Leirvik Member Posts: 80 PRO
Option to specify color when creating new parts .

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Hans_Ole_Leirvik At this time we can leave this for discussion since there are many plans for colors and other parametric actions.  This might be better as a parametric FeatureScript rather a overloading of our already complex extrude tool.  Color application can be very subjective  and maybe adding color by part or config would be a better approach.  I will keep an eye on further discussion here.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    edited April 2020
    I see where you are going with this, but if you think about it, every feature has the ability to create a new part body.
    So it becomes redundant and destined to be overridden by the next feature down the line (such as split).

If there are too many avenues to change a property, which one trumps the other?
    seems like an exercise in futility to be honest.

I think lou is right, a custom feature would be the best parametric solution here.