Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sketch - pattern a spline

jerome_goyetjerome_goyet Member Posts: 11
Hello,

does any one able to pattern a spline (linear or circular pattern) on a sketch ? all geometries work fine but the spline.
Any hints ?
Tks in advance
Jérôme

Comments

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    @jerome_goyet , No because currently in Onshape pattern to spline entity in sketch is not available. You can raise ticket for this issue. We hope Onshape will provide this facility in future.
    Currently you can use work-around by making that spline to solid or surface then perform pattern operation by selecting spline part or surface and join them with the help of Boolean operation available in pattern.

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Yes I found that patterning a spline didn't work but haven't raised a ticket yet, might have to. @viru good workaround with the extrude surface but not ideal should be able to do this from the sketch. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • ben_partouchben_partouch Member Posts: 94 PRO
    I see this was written in 20015, this is 2018 and I still can't pattern a spline.
    Am I missing something?
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @ben_partouch

You can help us prioritize this by voting on the associated Improvement Request:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/7925/circular-pattern-a-spline

In the meantime, can you make a solid or surface and use a Pattern feature rather than a sketch pattern?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • scott_de_jongscott_de_jong Member Posts: 2 EDU
    It is 2022, and we still can't pattern a spline

• dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    No, but there is a simple workaround, draw a spline, pattern a number of points then copy- transform the spline.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/775d4d8c270bf1fb38b38fe4/w/8052c4056ff4766f9bd35828/e/fc6bb6f5f9a2eec0cf97a5f4

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    You can also pattern an entire sketch, which can be helpful depending what you are trying to do...
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    And you can pattern a curve. Make a composite curve from a sketched spline, and then you can pattern it.